Whisk Foraged. Eatery drinking chocolate into warm milk or any diary alternative. Just three natural ingredients. Beyond yum!
Ingredients100% Tanzanian cacao beans, panela (100% natural and unprocessed cane sugar), Chesapeake Bay sea salt
NO soy, NO dairy, NO eggs, NO gluten
Serving Size: 3 1/2 tbsps
Fat: 9g/Sodium: 90mg
Carbs: 15g/Fiber: 7g/Sugar: 7g Protein: 3g/Iron: 10% DV/Calcium: 2% DV
- Add 1/2 cup of milk/dairy alternative to a large mug.
- Heat for 30 sec – 1 min in microwave (stovetop on medium heat or grill grate over a low campfire).
- Once milk is warm, whisk in 3-4 tablespoons of drinking chocolate.
- Heat until completely combined & has reached your preferred temperature.
- Ethically sourced, centrally fermented, cacao from the heart of Tanzania by Kokoa Kamili.
- Roasted, winnowed, melanged and molded by CocoaCompassion®in New York.
- Cacao Variety: Trinitario (Amelonado x Criollo)
- Harvest Year & Season: 2015 – May thru November
- Bean Flavor Characteristics: Initially fruity, with hints of kiwi and green apple, mellowing out to a fairly mild cocoa flavor.
- Panela: 100% natural and unprocessed cane sugar.
- Produced and packaged by farmers in the Quimbaya region of Colombia and shipped to Nela® headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland
Salt Flavor Profile
- The unique flavor in these bites was found in a local oyster called Happy Oysters.
- Chef Chris Amendola accomplished this hyperlocal creation by working with the farmer of Sapidus Farms, Mike Manyak.
- Mike shared water from his farm and Chris experimented until he was able to craft his own salt; this is also the finishing salt